Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Welcome to Moreville!


I thought I would kick this blog off by showing everyone some of the Barbie furniture I made several years ago.  Please be kind, LOL!  These were my first attempts after all!  Some of the Moreville residents were kind enough to demonstrate them for me.


I thought a poster bed would be very appropriate to start with since everyone loves a warm, comfy bed.  I made the mattress, comforter and pillows also.  Underneath there is a sheet and a piece of green felt I used as a blanket.


Miranda wasted no time claiming this bed for herself and was all too happy to show it off.


This is the dresser, night table and lamp.


Here is a desk and chair.


Sabrina loves this desk because she spends alot of time on her computer.


Dining table and chairs.


Steven and Linda always find something to celebrate!


Sofa and easy chair.


And poor Diedre really thought that Amber was one of her best friends.  Oops!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting it started. Great job on the wood furniture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa,

      Thanks! I made the furniture to go into the Barbie mansion that I'd built years ago in California. The mansion is in storage right now as I've no place to put it, but someday I'll have room (sigh).

      Delete
  2. Hi, Doll Observers Sister! What do you mean "please be kind"? This furniture is AWESOME, and I dare anybody to comment otherwise. *puts up her dukes*

    ;B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb,

      Thanks so much! I'm glad you like the furniture. It was my first attempt at style, scale etc. I plan to go back to building more soon. And if you'd like to "put up your dukes" to my critics, hey, I'll let ya! LOL :-)

      Delete
  3. Well done on getting your blog off to a good start. :D The furniture is awesome; I especially love the bedroom furniture, it looks warm and cozy. You have some nice pieces to create lovely spaces for your dolls. Hope you eventually find a place in your home for your mansion (would love to see it) but in the meantime I suspect your Morevillians are more than happy with life in Moreville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, it's up and running! I love the furniture. That bed looks so cozy it makes me want to take a nap. Great job! I hope you find a place for the mansion. It sounds wonderful and I'd really like to see it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ro and Crystal!

    Thanks so much for stopping by and joining my site! Thank you also for your kind comments on my furniture. I'm currently working on another couch and matching chair. After that, I'm going to build the bar for the Front Street Bar & Grill! Yes, I do miss the Mansion. I have pics in a box around here somewhere. LOL Maybe someday I'll find room around here to put it, or, at the very least, find the box the pics are in! LOL. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job!!!!!!!!!!! Wish you had shown that the drawers all open though. Talented lady for sure! Just have fun and remember this is for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marianne,
    Thanks! Means a lot coming from you. I never thought about the drawers, but I'll remember that for next time. And, yes, I will have fun with this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The comforter looks great and cozy-warm. Lucky Miranda to have claimed it!

    Great to see your blog up. Thanks for sharing your dolls and their settings. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana,
      Glad you found me! Yes, Miranda grabbed the bed as soon as I unpacked it. LOL. Thank you for the nice comment and for joining my site. Enjoy!

      Delete