Thursday, February 27, 2014

A Tropical Vacation

Rated PG - Adult themes. Parental guidance suggested.


Though the snow and ice are gone from Moreville, the weather remains cold and somewhat windy. Casey and Tera decided they'd had enough of the cold weather and both dreamed of a beach vacation, even if only for a few days. Cindi was kind enough to let them stay at her beachfront retreat. And since Casey is a good friend, she didn't charge him rent.















Hmm. I think they want to be alone. I'm sure the warm, tropical environment of central Florida is a welcome change from the arctic-feeling breezes of Moreville. And since this is the off season, it's just the two of them. Casey is quite the romantic soul. He just doesn't want people to know that.

Since I haven't posted for awhile, I thought I'd show you all the beach side cottage I'd been working on for the last couple of weeks. Put the two pictures together (top and bottom), and you can see the whole thing. Enjoy! :-)






8 comments:

  1. That was awfully nice of Cindi to let them use the beach cottage. Looks awfully comfy. I'm sure they are going to have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They'll have a great time. If nothing else, the warm weather will make them both feel a lot better! :-)

      Delete
  2. The cottage is so lovely Cindi! I love all the details you put in it (the tables, the turtle, the little shells) you can almost feel the breeze of the Gulf.... and they are such an handsome couple!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Billa! I try to make my dioramas as realistic as possible. And a beach cottage is a welcome change from all the cold weather we've had here in north Georgia. Casey and Tera seem to be very happy together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Romantic souls are often misanderstood :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cottage looks fabulous!! I would love to vacation there!

    P.S. Very romantic ; )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been wanting to do a beach cottage for awhile. It just took me some time to make the furniture and the backdrop. I'll be taking a real-life beach vacation in Tybee Island, Georgia here in a few days! :-)

      Delete