Friday, February 28, 2014

Score!

Today Marianne and I went shopping at Walmart in Cornelia, Georgia. Though I had pretty much given up on cruising the Barbie section since I hadn't found anything new in a long time, I couldn't help but to look anyway. Well, guess what I found? I couldn't believe it! Barbie Collector Red Carpet dolls at Walmart?? Really?? And for only $19.97 each?! Yeehawwww!! I couldn't contain myself. They had all four of the new dolls. I grabbed three, paid for two and Marianne gave me one.



Here they are still in their boxes. They also had the brunette in the mint green dress, but I didn't care for her as much. Here is a picture of her. I'm not sure if I'll get her in the future.


Here they are de-boxed.


I think this lady looks better than her promotional picture on Barbie Collector.com.


I think this lady is the prettiest of all of them. She reminds me of Queen Latifah, who I absolutely adore. So I decided her name will be Dana since that's the Queen's given name.


This lady also looks a little different from her promotional picture. I think she looks better in person.


Today was a great day. I scored big time finding these dolls at Walmart of all places! All three of these ladies will be re-bodied so it'll be easier for them to get around Moreville. And besides, I really hate the model muse body. Not only is it NOT poseable, it's almost anorexic-looking. I think I'll send them all to Bella Donna's for a good Italian meal! :-)


16 comments:

  1. Congrats! I just bought the one in the gold dress using my BC coupon. I look forward to seeing these ladies in Moreville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's my favorite one of the three. I still can't believe I found these ladies at Walmart! LOL :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you on your finds AND on getting them on sale. I like the one in the gold outfit - she looks like Jennifer Lopez to me ;-)

    You are sooo right about that Model Muse body. Looks as if the dolls have been starved. Plus articulated bodies are more fun. I'll be selling my Model Muse bodies from doll heads I want on poser bodies.

    P.S. thanks for the 2 new links on the side - My Mental Attic and Thanks Doll! - new playscale sites? I'll check them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi D7ana!
    I love the name Dana by the way. I don't understand why Mattel even came up with the model muse bodies. I can see why some parents would be concerned that it encourages girls to starve themselves in order to be "pretty." The blog site My Mental Attic is my sister Deb's blog. It's not doll related, just philosophical. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh, lol. I assume all blogs are doll and/or action figure related. Cool you, sharing your sister's blog. I'll look because I'm nosy. Sometimes ;-)

      Your backgrounds are terrific. Scenes full worthy of the magazine treatment you get ;-) But I almost always say that, lol.

      I'm not sure if the model muse dolls are used much among the playline dolls, but I'm an adult, and I do not like them. They look stiff and frozen. You cannot "play" with the figures much. I don't mind a few really thin dolls - just don't want so very many of them that thin ;-P Makes me feel as though I should be writing about anorexic characters or fauiling health ones. Hmmm ....

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for your compliments on my sets/scenes. It means so much to me to read that. It helps me get through the times when I feel like "why do I even bother to do this when I should be looking for a paying job." Hmm. New blog post for you? Anorexic and/or failing health dolls and action figures? LOL :-)

      Delete
  5. I bought the one in the gold dress with a friend, he kept the doll, I kept the whole outfit. I like how it is manifactured, no glitter! I don't like the purse and the shoes, too playline like IMO. I prefer articulated bodies, the top is the pivotal body, even if I own few model muse barbies, I prefer them statics and often is impossible to find an articulated body of the matching skin tone. Anyway, model muse are for adult collectors, not for children

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy that the gold dress didn't have any glitter either. I like to play with my dolls, create stories with them, which is why I like them articulated. The model muse bodies look like they're starving to me - way too skinny and anorexic. :-)

      Delete
  6. Hello from Spain: congratulations. I love these new Barbies. In my country are not yet on sale. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marta! I hope you can them in your country soon. :-)

      Delete
  7. Hola, me gusta mucho tu blog, ya soy tu seguidora, te visito como patymod_04, espero visites mis blogs y tambien me sigas, hasta pronto, saludos desde Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola y bienvenidos a mi blog! Espero que disfrutes de mis historias y noticias. Me voy a ver tu blog tambiƩn. :-)

      Delete
  8. Sure you did a bargain Cindi, the brunette is the most beautiful of the three....but don't tell me you hate MM body! I started collecting Barbies again because of it!!! the infamous unbendable MM.....well in fact it is very easy to dress, they make a perfect mannequin for the beginner doll seamstress.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry Billa. I didn't mean to offend you. It's just a personal preference of mine to have Barbies that are completely poseable. Since I like to do Barbie stories, I like to pose my dolls in different situations. Please accept my sincerest apology. :-)

      Delete
  9. Congrats on finding some super sweet deals. Don't you just love days like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do so love days like that! It was a pleasant surprise. :-)

      Delete