Saturday, August 23, 2014

Gifts from Mom

Well, not my mom, but Marianne's mom. Call her my adopted mom, and she's a real sweetheart. She gave me three new dolls as thank you gifts for taking care of her while Marianne was in the hospital recovering from knee surgery. Mom originally wanted to get me a nice bottle of wine from one of the local wineries, but after talking to Marianne, she decided I would get much more lasting enjoyment from the dolls. And she was right. Thanks Mom!



I'm sure you all recognize these two from Mattel's newest Red Carpet collection. They're absolutely beautiful!


I found the new Luxe Nikki at my local Walmart.



Here's Nikki deboxed and up close. I think she's gorgeous.


Here are the Red Carpet ladies deboxed.


Up close and personal. I get the feeling the redhead has a bit of an attitude. LOL Both will be rebodied and given Moreville identities.


This was not a gift from Mom but a gift to myself. I found this at Walmart along with the new bakery and the pet boutique. This playset has a date with some spray paint and a few modifications before it can become the Moreville Grocery. I'm thinking of getting the bakery next although the pet boutique has some things in it that Travis could use in his animal hospital.

As for dolls, I have my eye on the Red Carpet lady in the black and grey dress. Moreville continues to expand, and I keep having to sort and rearrange to make room for everybody. And now that I crochet, I have to make room for yarn as well. Geez! I so need a bigger house! :-)

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Red Carpet ladies, Cindi! They are lovely. As is the new Nikki - love the way her hair has highlights. I don't care for Nikki's outfit, but at least she's on an articulated body. Wheee hoo! She's ready-to-pose!

    Looking forward to your upcoming stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana!
      Yes, the Red Carpet ladies are beautiful. The redhead will probably spice things up in Moreville since she seems to have an attitude. LOL I'm not crazy about Nikki's outfit either, but happy that she can move! :-)

      Delete
  2. So cool that you got the Red Carpet dolls. I have the redhead and I also got the one in the black and grey dress. Both of these are so unique and I love it when you can actually get a new character. Of course, they have already been rebodied. I am so mad at Mattel for what they have already done to the Syle dolls. The new ones have the articulated arms, but not even click bendy knees. And they have really cheapened the clothes. I don't know why they don't get it. I got the Nikki dolls too and you can use those clothes to combine with some of the other Style doll clothes to make some nice outfits.

    Looking forward to more stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis!
      I'm always on the hunt for new Moreville characters. What body did you use to rebody the black/gray dress lady? I saw the new Style dolls with the articulated arms and straight legs. I don't understand why Mattel did them that way. It makes no sense to make just the arms poseable. I guess they're trying to cut corners any way they can. Maybe they'll get the idea they messed up if nobody buys them. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Cindi :) Congratulations for yoyr new acquisitions! I have the red head too, beautiful! Mine will have a pivotal body soon, also, I got the black&gray dress fron a friend, it will be wear by my modified Stardoll Fallen Angel, so I will have my personal Lea TBL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sergio!
      Thanks! I really love these new Red Carpet dolls. The black and grey dress will look great on your Fallen Angel doll. Maybe you can post pictures on the Doll Cafe page on Facebook. I'd love to see them! :-)

      Delete
  4. That was so sweet of Marianne's mom. Lol about needing a bigger house. You have now reached true doll collector status.

    I have to thank Mattel for making such poor decisions concerning the new Style dolls. Initially, I was planning to buy all of them because of the outfits and the bodies, but with the straight legs, I've decided not to buy any. Goodness knows I don't need to buy any more dolls. Thanks Mattel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa!
      I'm really glad to have finally reached doll collector status. LOL I too can thank Mattel for messing up the new Style dolls. My bank account has been saved! Maybe they'll figure out that poseable arms and straight legs are not good sellers. :-)

      Delete
  5. Your dolls are beautiful! I have not seen them in my Walmart yet. I purchased the green dress off the Dollpage. I hope they come soon. I have to have that pink gown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia Girl!
      I haven't seen these dolls at Walmart. They had the older ones - the pink gown, blue jumpsuit, green dress and gold gown. The two here are the newer ones, and I got them from BarbieCollector. I love all of these dolls, and I know you'll love yours too. Enjoy! :-)

      Delete