Saturday, January 10, 2015

New Year, New Stuff

I don't make New Year's resolutions for a good reason - I always wind up breaking them sometime within the first week of January. This year is no exception.  In addition to the usual goals of losing weight and getting in shape, I vowed not to get any more dolls. After acquiring the Fashion Royalty guys and girls, I decided it was time to stop for awhile. Then, like an idiot, I went to my local Walmart, and guess what I found? The City Shine Barbies, mocking me from within their prison boxes, daring and begging me to take them home. So much for my resolution. Marianne bought one, I bought the other.



Here they are still in their boxes. Funny thing about these dolls. I don't think they were supposed to be on the shelves yet. They weren't scanning, and no one knew what the prices were supposed to be. So I guess one or more of the big bosses were consulted, and the price became $18.88 each. Since I'm an avid believer in miracles and synchronicity, these dolls were meant to come home with me. And the remaining dolls were pulled from the shelf almost immediately. LOL


Here they are de-boxed.


Closer look.


Here is Ace, my newest FR Color Infusion guy. I'm sure you all saw him dancing with Adaline at the New Year's Eve party. They seem to have eyes for each other.


Speaking of Adaline and Darby, I crocheted a couple of sweaters for them. I figured if the sweaters fit them, they'll fit the Barbies as well.


Here's a closer look at the sweaters.

I found a pattern on the Internet to crochet a basic Barbie sweater. I altered it a bit so that it would fit the FR girls, and I'm very happy with how they turned out. I plan on crocheting sweaters for Ace and Cruz using the same basic pattern and altering it to fit them. I figure they'll fit the Ken dolls as well. Eventually I'd like to design my own patterns to crochet doll clothes. I also plan to get my sewing maching out and make some clothes with that. All ambitious projects, so we'll see how I do. :-)

17 comments:

  1. Hi Cindi! The new girls are beautiful, I like the screening of this year's look collection.
    Ace is such a gorgeous guy! I tried to get him but was way too expensive, I very happy for you!
    The sweaters are wonderful, you did a great job. They fit beautifully and I really love the colours, I look forward to see the ones for the guys!
    Kisses Billa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billa!
      These new dolls really are beautiful. I wasn't sure about them at first, but after seeing them in person, I really liked the two I got. I got lucky with Ace too. I got him from a very nice lady in California who sold him to me at a great discount. Thank you for the compliment on the sweaters. Sometimes they required me to use a magnifying glass so I could see the stitches, but they weren't hard to do. I'm working on one for Ace and Cruz now. :-)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I do not make resolutions either for the same reason as you! I have to stop buying dolls for a while too, unless I can come up with a very good reason to get a particular doll! Your sweaters are great too! I hope to do more sewing and knitting for my dolls this year as well as working on places in my town. I have plans for a restaurant/bar, a gym, a school and a fast food place. And of course, more housing for the residents. We will see how I progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis!
      Sounds like you have alot of ambitious projects going on as well! I too have to be very selective about which dolls to buy if any. I really do need to cut back as I'm running out of room. Glad you like the sweaters! They're not difficult to make. They just require a magnifying glass once in awhile so I can see the stitches! LOL Do you have pictures posted of your town? I'd love to see it! :-)

      Delete
  3. I love that gold dress and your sweaters are also very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Duke of Swann, and welcome to my blog!
      That gold dress is really beautiful. I love it! Glad you liked the sweaters also. I'm currently working on one for Ace and Cruz. :-)

      Delete
  4. Hi Cindi
    Those are Color Infusion, is a different label from Fashion Royalty. Both labels come under the W collection, but they're not the same. I don't do new year's resolutios, I prefer to what I can day by day. I also got the City Shine you have there, the Aphrodite is on a pivotal body, the Steffie will have a Barbie Style body, I hope it will be a god match. I got also the Mbili with the orange dress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sergio!
      Thanks for correcting my faux pas about the Integrity dolls. I guess in my excitement over finding the City Shine Barbies, I had forgotten that Fashion Royalty and Color Infusion are two different lines. Sorry! :-( I really like the City Shine Barbies I got, and I definitely couldn't beat the price! LOL

      Delete
  5. So much for no new dolls. Lol! All the new City Shine Barbies were at my local Walmart, too. I really like them and their outfits, but I wasn't tempted. If I'm only buying 10 dolls or less this year, I have to be real selective. I love, love, love your sweaters. I'm so envious how quickly you picked up that skill. I don't normally make New Year goals, but I needed this to be a productive year after losing so much of last year. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanessa!
      Yep, so much for my "no new dolls!" resolution. LOL I'm going to have to start being selective about which dolls to get if any myself. I'm just running out of room. Glad you like the sweaters! I'll post the ones for Ace and Cruz when I get them done. I hope and pray this will be a good year for you. :-)

      Delete
  6. High five and congrats on getting your dolls early, lol. They were meant to be for you and Marianne.

    Congrats on getting the FR and Color Infusion dolls, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana!
      Thanks! The way things went, those dolls were definitely meant to come home with me. And for $18.88 each, I couldn't beat the price, considering they're selling on Amazon for $25 and up. LOL I love my Color Infusion dolls! They blend very well with all the other Moreville residents. :-)

      Delete
  7. Ya te sigo, desde facebook tambien a traves del grupo de dioramas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice work finding those dolls before they were supposed to be offered - it really must have been meant to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi jSarie and welcome to my blog!
      It was definitely meant to be considering the fact that my local Walmart doesn't normally sell Barbie Collector dolls. So I couldn't pass these up! :-)

      Delete