Wednesday, April 6, 2016

New Clothes

Lately, I've been in the mood to make doll clothes. Some of my girls told me what they'd like to have, so when life permitted, I made it for them. Let's start with this little ensemble.


Janet wanted a long, plaid skirt with a silky-type black top. I looked through all my Barbie patterns and couldn't find a single one for a simple long skirt. So I created my own. Janet was pretty happy with the way her outfit turned out.


Mira wanted a new pair of relaxed fit jeans. I used the denim from an old, torn up pair of work jeans that I had. Since those jeans were one of my favorite pairs, I was happy that they got a new life in Moreville.


I made the pockets a little too big, but Mira didn't care. She told me she loves the jeans, and that they're very comfortable.


Morticia's been bugging me for a black shawl for quite awhile. I finally got around to crocheting one for her. I didn't have a pattern for this either, so I created one. 


I made this dress for her a couple of years ago. Marianne made the chain belt.


Back view.




I'm considering your request Morticia. Not to worry. I'll see what I can do. :-)







10 comments:

  1. Very nice new looks for your ladies! It looks like you are also taking advantage of the Made to Move body for rebodying. It is definitely a fun body to work with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phyllis!
      Thanks! I really love the Made to Move bodies! I'm not so crazy about the way the joints look, but that's an easy thing to get around. Many of my paler ladies now have MTM bodies. :-)

      Delete
  2. These are nice clothes. The black dress is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janainah!
      Thank you! Morticia really loves that dress. :-)

      Delete
  3. You do beautiful work, Sis! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sis!
      Thanks! Takes one to know one. Your paintings and photography are to die for! :-)

      Delete
  4. Very nice fashions! The plaid skirt is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Georgia Girl!
      Thank you! The plaid skirt is my favorite too, probably because I created the pattern for it! LOL :-)

      Delete
  5. Would you do also school uniform for Obitsu dolls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sergio!
      I'm afraid a school uniform is above my level of sewing ability. I'm so sorry. Also, I don't have an Obitsu doll that I could use as a model. :-)

      Delete