Monday, October 1, 2018

World's Newest Harry Potter Fan

That would be me. I saw these dolls at my local Wally's a month or so ago and decided I really liked them. At that point, I hadn't read any of the books nor seen any of the movies, so I didn't know anything about Harry's story. I just liked the dolls. I started with Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger. Then I got Harry, Ginny Weasley and Professor Dumbledore. Last but not least, I got Professor McGonagall. These dolls inspired me to go back and read the books and watch the movies. Now I'm a big fan!



Here is Harry. Each of the kids came with their own robes.


Close up.


Ron Weasley.


Close up.


Hermione Granger.


Close up.


Ginny Weasley.


Close up.


Professor Minerva McGonagall.


Close up.


Last but certainly not least, Professor Albus Dumbledore.


Close up. This is actually the Dumbledore from the first two movies played by Richard Harris. Sadly he passed away after the second movie was completed. James Gambon took over the role the rest of the way.


Mattel did a great job on these dolls. The likenesses to the actors and actresses are pretty good. I'm not a fan of painted hair, but Harry and Ron look perfect. All the other dolls have rooted hair including Dumbledore. All are also fully articulated. My hope is that Mattel will come out with dolls of Professor Severus Snape and Rubeus Hagrid. Snape is my favorite character. If Mattel releases one of him, I'll be the first one in line to get him. I love Allan Rickman's portrayal of him. :-)

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new dolls! I like personalized dolls; they have more interesting features than "regular" dolls. I'd like the adults in this series myself. How are the adult bodies?

    I have a Harry and a Hermione from Mattel's earlier drafts. I think this newest Hermione is prettier than the earlier versions.

    Oddly, I am not a Harry Potter Fan - odd because I usually like fantasy - but I don't dislike the series. I only tried the first book. Maybe I'll revisit them. Thanks for sharing your dolls and your new book series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana!
      The adult dolls are beautiful - especially Dumbledore. Both of them are fully articulated as are the four kids. Their robes are made of velvet, which is why I keep them enclosed in glass. Too much dog hair around here! LOL I think you should try revisiting the books if you want to. I really enjoyed them. :-)

      Delete
  2. Velvet clothes? Nice. Definitely have to get the adults ... and possibly some of the kids, Ron and Ginny.

    And maybe I'll try the books again ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi D7ana!
      Oh, the robes are gorgeous! Mattel did a pretty good job on the likenesses to the actors and actresses as well. Please do try the books again. I think you'll really enjoy them the second time around. :-)

      Delete
  3. I love that you are finally a Potter fan! LOL Love the dolls, the stories and you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sis!
      It took me awhile, but I finally read all the books and watched all the movies. LOL Love you too! :-)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for your review! Thus far I have Harry and Ron and am really pleased with them. I am debating on which doll to purchase next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ms. Leo!
      I would recommend Dumbledore myself. He is really gorgeous, and his robes are beautiful! He really does look like the actor as well. But I love all these dolls. LOL I really hope Mattel comes out with Snape and Hagrid. :-)

      Delete